Some girls and women know what face shape they have, and others are not certain. Before you begin looking at hairstyles for square faces, make sure that your face shape is square. Take a full face picture of yourself without a smile. Print the photo and draw lines to define the contours of your face. Girls, who have a square face, find that the length of their face is approximately equal to its width. Besides, cheekbones and jaw angles in such faces are evident.
So, if you really have a square face, you are the lucky one! Women with square faces are very photogenic even when they grow older. And a flattering hairstyle can accentuate their natural charm.
A sculptural chin and prominent cheekbones are specific features of a square face that often becomes the object of our admiration, because the most gorgeous Hollywood beauties (Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley, Sandra Bullock, to name a few) have square faces. However, girls with a square face shape often need to correct their strong jawline with a flattering hairstyle, because, in fact, the width and length of their face shape are practically equal. And that is a deviation from the ideal proportions. Stylists recommend usage of face-framing locks and asymmetry in order to soften the angular outlines of square faces.
Hair Tips for Square Faces
When working on your styling, pay particular attention to the volume at the roots. This is going to correct proportions, making your face look longer. Use soft waves and round off the transitions between textures to achieve the illusion of an oval face.
Choosing between coloristic techniques, consider dyeing separate locks or go for ombre. Avoid defined borders between the hues. Softness and smoothness is the effect you need to pursue.
The choice of haircuts for square faces is quite wide as well. You can try haircuts for long hair or elongated pageboy haircuts. Layered haircuts with loads of layers are the ideal solution.
There are many beautiful celebrities with square faces, and with the right approach such face shape looks breathtaking. The most gorgeous Hollywood actresses with square faces use flattering hairstyles and make up tendencies to look awesome in any situation.
Flattering Hairstyles for Square Faces
The width of a square face practically doesn’t dominate over its length, the jawline is strong and angular. The solutions here are associated with elongation and veiling for the corners. You don’t have to duplicate what you see in the pictures below. You, certainly, can if you wish, but you will win more, understanding how lines, lengths and textures work specifically for your face. So, here are some ideas to help you to sort out all the particulars on the subject.
– Avoid straight bangs and hairstyles, mimicking the shape of your face. Distinct graded layers are something that is going to flatter you. Opt for side bangs, distracting from the broad forehead and relieving sharpness of your facial features. Shy away from thick blunt cut bangs. They make the bottom of your face appear even heavier than it is.
– A side parting, same as any asymmetry is a plus. Give your preference to an off-centered parting, slightly shifted from the central line.
– A square face can be easily narrowed and elongated with straight shoulder-length or longer tresses along the cheeks. These will strategically cover the jaw corners.
– You will effortlessly win from a soft feminine hairstyle, framing your face with waves and curls. Beach waves, tousled locks or shiny bouncy curls? Chose any style, or better alternate them for a variety.
– Updos with some volume on top will lengthen your face, but do not sleek all hair back. Leave long side bangs or a few curls on one side.
– Avoid excessive volume along the sides at the level of cheekbones and jaw, as it will broaden your face.
– Short haircuts are commonly unflattering for square faces, since they literally bare your boxiness. At the same time, every face is individual and some faces are squarer than others. Here we can talk only about general recommendations. So, let’s better view the gallery.
#1: Medium Layered Dirty Blonde Style
Pages: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9, Page 10, Page 11, Page 12, Page 13, Page 14, Page 15, Page 16, Page 17, Page 18, Page 19, Page 20, Page 21, Page 22, Page 23, Page 24, Page 25, Page 26, Page 27, Page 28, Page 29, Page 30, Page 31, Page 32, Page 33, Page 34, Page 35, Page 36, Page 37, Page 38, Page 39, Page 40, Page 41, Page 42, Page 43, Page 44, Page 45, Page 46, Page 47, Page 48, Page 49, Page 50, Page 51